Monday, April 15, 2013

A brighter side

So, despite the fact that my so called "parents" took most of my shit, and threatened to call the cops if I don't give them 70 dollars by the 16th.. I still found a place to live for awhile. Shit's gonna be hard for awhile but I'm eighteen now and I've gotta learn to stand on my own two feet now. I've gotten three sections of my GED done, all that's left is two.  So far I've gotten writing, social studies and reading completed (though I still need to find a way to request my scores.) I need to complete science and math. Math just so happens to be my worst subject.. And the hardest for me to learn. I'm pretty confident however, that I can do it. I may not be in job corps, (pronounced Job Core) anymore, but I still have alot of the work in my bag.. I'm determined to finish it.

Things aren't perfect, but I'm hoping they'll get better soon. I have friends that care about me. My own family... Yeah well they can go to hell. I hope they gave a long, bumpy ride. What people need to understand is that treating your own child, siblings like shit is NOT ACCEPTABLE!! I used to be afraid I'd become like my mother, it made me not want to have my own children. But now I'm positive that I will NEVER be like her.  They've kept me locked in my room for five years, they've called me names, told me I'd never become anything, would never do anything, that no one would ever love me, called me fat, they've just.. Made me feel like I'm nothing. But I know that I'll do something with my life. I'll have some kind of purpose.. I know that I'll make it somehow.


No comments:

Post a Comment